Collection of Customer Information
Beerlicious collects information about you when you use and access the Website, Apps, Social Media Sites and/or the Products and Services. The information collected includes Personal Information, Message Data, and Traffic Data (collectively, “Customer Information”). “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, like your name, address, email address, account user name, city, postal code, province/state or country of residence, phone numbers, work experience (in the case of employment applications you submit), personal preferences and opinions, and information that is not otherwise publicly available. “Message Data” includes the messages sent and received using Beerlicious’ services, as well as information you post or send us on the Website, Apps or Social Media Sites (e.g. through direct messages), information about those messages and your account activity, such as login times and message storage capacity. “Traffic Data” is anonymous and aggregate information about the nature of your usage of the Website, Apps and/or Social Media Sites and can include IP addresses, domain servers, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, type of computer or mobile phone, language preference, type of web browser, amount of time spent on particular pages, sections of the Website visited, one or more cookies that identify your browser, and telecommunications carrier information, and in the case of our Apps, your GPS location or type of mobile device.
Use of Customer Information
Beerlicious may use Customer Information and other feedback or information you may provide to us to do the following: (a) better design and enhance your use of the Website, Apps, Social Media Sites and/or Products and Services by processing such information for certain purposes (e.g., formatting and displaying elements of Personal Information and Message Data to you and to those whom you send messages); (b) customize and deliver advertisements and related links; © store your messages; (d) inform you about, and administer, Beerlicious contests, promotions, products, services, events and announcements; (d) use “push notifications” and your location information on our Apps to alert you of upcoming events in your area; and (f) for other purposes relating Beerlicious products and services.
Opting In and Opting Out of Emails/Texts
If you opt-in to receive marketing emails or texts from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions in the promotional message you receive. You may also check your device settings to turn off push notifications. But please note that even if you unsubscribe, you will continue to receive transactional or service emails from us (e.g., relating to your ticket order or your account) from us or our third party service providers.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Beerlicious does not disclose your Personal Information to third parties, except when one or more of the following conditions is true:
- Beerlicious has the individual’s permission to make the disclosure
- The disclosure is permitted or required by law, legal process, court order, litigation and/or requests from public and/or governmental authorities within or outside of your country
- If we determine that, for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate
- The disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or substantially all of Beerlicious’ business or assets or in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or other corporate reorganization including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
- The Personal Information to be disclosed is publicly available
- The party to whom the disclosure is made controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Beerlicious
- The disclosure is to persons or entities for whom Beerlicious is providing or receiving goods or services, provided the disclosure is consistent with the purpose for which the Personal Information was obtained
- Beerlicious may share with third parties certain Traffic Data, but such information will not identify you individually
- The disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our Terms, to protect our operations and/or users, or to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringement, identity theft, and other illegal activities and misuse of the Website, the Apps, Social Media Sites and/or Products and Services; or
- Beerlicious may share your Personal Information and/or Message Data with a third party if you have consented to receive information from that third party through registration, such as our advertisers, business partners, Festival-related affiliates and sponsors and third parties who perform services on our behalf. Such third parties will handle, store, retain and access such user information in accordance with the terms and conditions of their agreements with you, if any, as well as their own privacy policies (see section on Third Party Contractors)
Social Media Sites/Third Party Analytics
By accessing or using the Social Media Sites we may receive and use Customer Information as permitted hereunder and in accordance with the user agreement and privacy settings on the applicable Social Media Sites. In addition, usage analytics through Google Analytics may be collected.
Third Party Websites
Third Party Contractors
Beerlicious follows generally accepted industry standards and maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to try to ensure the confidentiality and security of Customer Information under our control. Beerlicious limits access to Customer Information to Beerlicious personnel who need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Despite these efforts, Beerlicious cannot fully guarantee the security of its databases (or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such information). We encourage you to use caution when you use the Internet. For example, we recommend that you do not share your account passwords. If you think that an unauthorized account has been created using your name, or your Personal Information has been accessed without permission, please contact us at the address below.
Retention of Customer Information
Privacy of Minors
Storage of Customer Information and Data Transfers
Customer Information may be stored and accessed on servers outside of Canada, such as in the United States, or in the cloud where it will be subject to the law of the jurisdiction(s) in which it resides. For example, when we engage a service provider outside of Canada, Customer Information may be stored, accessed, or used in the country where the service provider is located, or from which it provides services. As a result, Customer Information may be subject to the local laws of the jurisdictions within which it is collected, used, disclosed and/or stored, and you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under Canadian laws.
Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information
Office of Privacy Commissioner of Canada
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees our handling of personal information practices. If any privacy concerns are not addressed to your satisfaction or you have questions about privacy laws, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for further guidance:
By Phone: 1−800−282−1376